Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Things Are Quieting Down Over Here

Well, it looks like the things are quieting down over here after the murder of our dear neighbor, Jay Breeze. (see previous blogs) The reporters have dissipated, the police are hopefully gone for good and now the only thing that is constant is Jay's family that has the horrible task of going through his belongings. I can not imagine having to go back into a home that someone I loved was killed in. A bunch of the neighbors have been concerned about the kids so a police officer will be stopping by to talk with them and hopefully be able to answer questions and concerns that they may have. It's been difficult to find the right words to tell them. We also found out that there will not be a funeral that we can attend. I was so hoping to be able to say my final good-bye and now I'm just left with the memory of our last phone conversation and the last time I saw him cleaning up his front yard that he took such pride in. Hopefully we will be able to get some answers as to why this happened even though we will probably never understand it.

No comments: